I’ve started tweaking the new template. I’ve added a nice sidebar widget, Advanced Random Posts for WordPress (homepage). It plucks a random post from my blog archives, re-sizes any image it happens to find, then displays the image and a link to the original post. The widget can be configured to select only from posts in certain categories.

The other new plugin is Search Regex for whippet-fast global search and replace operations.

Also changed the default font to MS Georgia, like it was before. Indented the flush-by-default blockquotes. Sorted out the date formats, added metadata to headers, forced full-post display on archive pages, tweaked the footers, changed the footer on individual posts to something more refined.